Some mattresses are better for having sex on them than others. The best beds for sex are commonly the most responsive, which means their surfaces have a good reaction to movement. The models with less response might be problematic for sex since they cause the people to sink too profoundly, creating a sensation that some couples compare to battling the mattress.
Furthermore, there are numerous other sex-related aspects to think about when picking a model. The first aspect to consider is noise. Mattresses that are too loud tend to prompt embarrassing situations, especially with individuals in nearby rooms. Another aspect is temperature neutrality. A certain amount of models will take in more body warmth and feel warmer, which can prompt inconvenience during sex. Among the factors that you need to think about are durability, firmness, edge support, and traction, as well.
To find out which ones are best or the worst for sex, continue reading. You can also find a list of the best mattresses for sex that are accessible for buying right now. Our choices are based on checked client and proprietor encounters, as well as serious research and examination.
- Multiple firmness options (4, 6, 7.5)
- 120-day sleep trial
- 180-month warranty
- A support system that is very strong and durable
- Great responsiveness and bounciness
The Saatva is one of the best innerspring mattresses. It offers excellent responsiveness because of a pocketed coil layer that is located in the great comfort system. The comfort system complements the Bonnell spring support core, and with it creates a bouncy surface that has very minimal sinking that happens during sex on average mattresses.
This model is very comfortable for sleeping as well. It can be purchased in three firmness settings – ‘Medium Soft’ (4), ‘Medium Firm’ (6), and ‘Firm’ (7.5). Each of the different firmness settings is made for sleepers with different preferences and weight groups. The unit gives the mattress a connected steel support base, while the top coil unit gives a luxurious distinctively wrapped coil system which will respond and contour to the person’s body, with almost no motion transfer on the bed.
The cover of the mattress consists of 100% organic cotton that is extremely soft and breathable. The quilting on its cover is a bit close and snug in the lumbar region, so that it can give added pressure relief on the most important part of the body, along with an added strip of memory foam. Underneath the quilted cover, there is a convoluted layer of foam that gives additional pressure relief. This layer also enables airflow to help with cooling of your body, and it acts as a transition between the soft pillow top and the coils below. The coil layer located below the convoluted layer gives the primary support, and it also gives some bounce to the bed. These individually wrapped coils are also famous for being good for motion isolation. The support layer, which is located at the bottom, is made of steel coils to provide support to all of the layers above and for the person sleeping on it as well. In combination with the individually wrapped coils, this support layer gives a coil-on-coil structure that is responsible for the responsiveness of the bed to pressure and bounce. The base of the whole model consists of high-density poly foam on which the coil support layer is placed, and the foam wraps over the coil layer in order to create an excellent edge support system. The purpose of this foam is to help the Saatva mattress keep its shape when you apply pressure near any of the bed’s sides.
Having a bouncy bed makes it easy for getting in and out of bed and moving around, but it is not a good thing when you sleep with your partner. But the bounciness of the bed is not invasive here. The Saatva gives you the perfect bounce you need without the motion transfer, thanks to the individually wrapped coils located under a memory foam layer, put there designed to help with lower back pain. Along with the coils, the tempered steel is responsible for making sure your bed last and for preventing sagging which can happen over time.
Saatva has White Glove delivery available for any location in the U.S. In this services in-home bed assembly and old mattress removal are included, even though most of the other manufacturers have an extra fee of at least $100 to pay for White Glove delivery. Along with the mattress comes a 120-day sleep trial and a 180-month warranty, which are both longer than average.
- All kinds of sleepers (stomach, back, side, combination)
- Sleepers that are in the average and heavy-weight groups
- Those who tend to sleep hot
- Multiple firmness options (4.5, 6.5, 7.5)
- 120-day sleep trial
- Lifetime warranty
- Good motion isolation with good responsiveness
- Great pain and pressure relief
- Close conforming and pressure relief
One of the best luxury mattresses and best hybrid mattresses is The WinkBed. This hybrid mattress has a thick comfort system that has layers of gel memory foam, pocketed mini coils and polyfoam. The WinkBed can be purchased in three firmness settings – ‘Medium Soft’ (4.5), ‘Medium Firm’ (6.5), and ‘Firm’ (7.5). This model is made for sleepers of all sizes, especially for back sleepers and people with back pain. Furthermore, the WinkBed Plus is a ‘Medium Firm’ mattress that was specifically made for heavier people.
This hybrid model has a thick comfort system with layers of gel memory foam, polyfoam, pocketed minicoils and compressed-cotton ‘lumbar pad’ to help minimize lower back and hip pain. These comfort layers combined with the pocketed coil support core create a sleep surface that is responsive enough for sex and comfortable enough for pressure-free sleep.
In this product, the memory foam and minicoil layers were replaced with latex, that has the same responsiveness and temperature control without sacrificing conforming ability or pressure relief. All versions of the WinkBed offer great edge support. This support system for the edges helps minimize sinkage around the areas where owners tend to sit. Furthermore, the lifespan of the mattress is longer than the average. The main attribute and benefit is the edge support, that has pocketed coils bound in foam, put there in order to reinforce the bed and help prevent sinking in the bed.
The price of the WinkBed is a bit higher than the other average mattresses. It is a good choice for buyers with bigger budgets. However, the WinkBed costs less than the average hybrid model, which is an important fact for those looking to buy a hybrid mattress. The product has free shipping for the U.S. and it has a 120-day sleep trial and a warranty that lasts a lifetime.
- All types of sleepers (stomach, back, side or combination)
- Sleepers of different weights (heavy, average, light)
- People who have back and hip pain
- Multiple firmness options (3, 6, 8)
- 120-day sleep trial
- A warranty that lasts 10 years
- Good motion isolation
- Thick foam layers with pressure-relief
- Cover that is cool and breathable
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress is one of the best hybrid models that offers a good balance of responsiveness for sex and pressure-relieving comfort. The model is available in ‘Soft’ (3), ‘Medium Firm’ (6), and ‘Firm’ (8) settings; the two firmer settings offer the best responsiveness, though the ‘Soft’ option may be suitable for people in the light-weight group (less than 130 pounds).
Not only does it have good responsiveness, but the Signature model is also made with polyfoam so that it can conform to your back better. In addition, it also has a standard polyfoam in the comfort layer, with the aim of targeting your pressure points. With all of these features, the bed is an excellent choice for people that have chronic back pain. And sleeping on this bed is quite cool, because of its cotton cover, that is lighter, breathable and has great air circulation through the support core which has the pocketed coils.
The cover is made of a combination of polyester and cotton, and it’s quilted with foam. Because of all that, the bed gives you a soft feel, gives immediate pressure relief and lets the sleeper sink into the bed. Under the cover, there is a comfort layer made out of TitanFlex Foam, which is essentially similar to latex and has great bounce and quick response to pressure. This layer makes sure that you never feel stuck in the bed. Within the mattress there is also TitaniumGel, that is responsible for keeping the bed cool while you sleep on it. In the layer under the gel and the core, the mattress has pocketed coils, which gives it a very pleasant bounce that enables you to get out of the bed without any problems and helps regulate temperature and motion.
The Signature mattress has a price below the average for hybrid mattresses. Brooklyn Bedding has free shipping for the Signature model in the U.S. and it also has a 120-day sleep trial and a nonprorated 120-month warranty.
- Every type of sleeper (stomach, side, back or combination)
- Sleepers of different weight (heavy, average, light)
- People suffering from back pain
Loom & Leaf
- Multiple firmness options (5.5, 8)
- 120-day sleep trial
- 180-month warranty
- Free White Glove delivery
A lot of memory foam mattresses are a bit problematic for having sex because it gives a feeling like you are in a fight with the bed. And many have problems with the heat retention and responsiveness of the bed. But not all memory foam models are like that. The Loom & Leaf by Saatva is the best memory foam mattress on the market and the exception of its type.
This model is available in two firmness options, ‘Medium’ (5.5) and ‘Firm’ (8). Both of these are good options for sex, although Firm is the one of the most responsive memory foam mattress available on the market. It has comfort layers infused with a combination of gel memory foam and standard memory foam. This combination helps minimize the fighting sensation and instead gives a hug for the bodies without sinking.
The model has a cover made out of a combination of soft and organic cotton that creates a pleasant cooling sensation to the skin. The top layer under the cover has high-quality conforming gel foam. Under this is a layer of high-density visco elastic memory foam. Both of these layers have a slow response to pressure because their aim is to contour to the curves of the body and regulate temperature. The bed is almost silent, which is good for discreet sex. It also has an organic cotton cover, so that you can sleep cooler than on many other foam mattresses.
Saatva offers free White Glove delivery for any of their products, and that is also the case with the Loom & Leaf. The product also has a 120-day sleep trial and a 180-month warranty.
- Sleepers who sleep on the side and the back
- Sleepers that are in the average and heavy-weight groups
- People who have back pain
- Medium (5)
- 100-day sleep trial
- 120-month warranty
- Offers pressure relief for the body
Many memory foam mattresses have a tendency to be too soft and have little responsiveness. But the Leesa is an exception. It is one of the best memory foam mattresses on the market. It has Medium firmness, along with comfort layers of polyfoam and soft memory foam.
This model has moderate conforming, but it doesn’t hug the body too closely, which shows that it has better responsiveness than many of the other memory foam models. It also possesses a high-density foam support core, which is responsible for reinforcing the bed and for keeping the surface even and comfortable.
The Leesa model also has great temperature neutrality. It does a great job with absorbing body heat, much better than other foam models. With this bed, you are able to sleep very coolly. It also has great motion isolation and is almost silent. It’s great for couples who are who awaken easily from noise or movement. And furthermore, the Leesa model is very light and easy to move.
Leesa’s price is very lower than the average memory foam mattress. It is a top-value choice, offering much more than other foam models for a smaller price. Leesa also has free shipping for the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii, and a 100-day sleep trial and a 120-month warranty.
- All kinds of sleepers (stomach, back, side or combination)
- Sleepers in the light and average weight groups
- People who have back pain
- Value seekers
- Medium Firm (6.5)
- 100-day sleep trial
- 120-month warranty
- Great motion isolation and close conforming
- Good responsiveness for sex
The Sapira hybrid mattress has a very responsive surface that is suitable for most couples. It is a ‘Medium Firm’ mattress that provides moderate conforming. The support system of the bed helps reduce the sinking feeling during sex, a most common problem with memory foam comfort layers. And the Sapira also has some springiness, thanks to the pocketed coil layer.
Except for sex, the Sapira has many other advantages. The biggest advantage is temperature neutrality. The Sapira model has very good airflow throughout the coil layer, which ultimately helps cool down the bed. A cool bed is a very important factor for sleepers who tend to get hot during the night. It also has great motion isolation, because of its thick, dual-layer comfort system. This is a good choice for couples because it produces very little noise compared to other hybrids and innerspring models. And furthermore, this model also has great edge support and minimal sinkage around the edges.
The Sapira has free shipping in the U.S, including Alaska and Hawaii, and a 100-day sleep trial and a 120-month warranty.
- All kinds of sleepers (stomach, back, side or combination) in all weight groups (light, average, heavy)
- People who have back pain
- Those who prefer more responsive surfaces
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Collection
- Multiple firmness options (3.5, 5.5, 6.5, 9)
- 100-day sleep trial
- 300-month warranty
- Sleeps cool for most
- A longer than average lifespan
One of the most durable mattresses and best latex mattresses is the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Collection. It is available in three thickness profiles 9″, 10″, and 12″ and in four firmness options for each of these: ‘Soft’ (3.5), ‘Medium’ (5.5), ‘Medium Firm’ (6.5), and ‘Extra Firm’ (9). With this wide selection, couples can find a thickness and firmness that is the most suitable for them.
The model is also eco-friendly, and a great option for eco/friendly buyers. It has comfort layers made of organic wool and organic Dunlop latex. These natural materials help provide a cool and very comfortable surface. The bed also conforms to the body and adjusts the spine without the whole body sinking too deeply. Because of this, the bed has better responsiveness and bounciness than most of the other latex models. The materials used in this model are very durable, and because of that, the Botanical Bliss has a lifespan that is much longer than for the average latex mattress. And the bed is almost silent at all times.
The Botanical Bliss has free shipping in the U.S. Additionally, they have a 300-month warranty, the longest among mattress warranties available on the market.
- Side and back sleepers
- Every weight group (light, average, heavy)
- For eco-friendly shoppers with a bigger budget
Guide for Buying the Best Mattress for Sex
When buying a new mattress, couples take sex as a major consideration. There is no universal model for couples to use, it differs significantly from couple to couple. Couples need to take multiple factors into consideration and choose what their priorities are and try out the different types and materials to find the one that would suit them best. We will take a look at what are the most determining factors for sex. The factors will give you insight on how a bed feels and performs during sex, and what are the benefits and disadvantages of each type.
Here are the most important factors based on sex to consider when looking for mattresses:
- Responsiveness: Responsiveness is a factor that applies to how rapidly or gradually the bed responds or adjust to your body. Foundations that react quickly give a steady surface to sleep on, but those with less responsiveness are not as stable and can have an uncomfortable, sinking feeling when sleeping on them.
- Bounciness: Bouncy mattresses deliver a bouncing back effect that is helpful for consistent rhythm and sexual fulfillment, according to many couples. Numerous models are intended to seclude movement and minimize its effects on the surface of the bed. This quality aspect is great for certain people, like those wake up easily because of movement or noise from other people. However, motion isolation also creates a surface that is less bouncy, which can be bad during sex.
- Comfort: Comfort is the most important factor for both individuals and couples. It is especially good for people who have problems with back pain. Numerous beds fit in with your body to target pressure points at the back, shoulders, neck, legs, hips and other sensitive areas. Foundations that tend to conform less to your body do not have the same pressure-relieving comfort.
- Conforming: Numerous models give traction by complying to your figure and forming a tight impression, which can lift sexual delight amid peak. The surfaces which do not give traction are usually too slick or smooth, which reduces pleasurable sensations.
- Noise: Mattresses that have springs, coils, and other metal components can have certain squeaking noises when having sex on them. The models that are made out of foam or latex are silent, producing virtually no noise, and best for more discreet sex.
- Price: You may think that mattress price is not directly linked to sex, but ultimately, it is one of the most important factors, or for some even the most important factor when buying a new bed. Some models have a price that is much lower than average but with the same quality as the high priced ones.
- Durability: The average lifespan of the mattress is from six to seven years. It is important to note that sexual activity usually does not, and should not affect the lifespan.
- Temperature Neutrality: A lot of beds can retain high levels of heat that comes from the body. Because of that, many of the surfaces of the beds can be very warm or even hot when they come in contact with the human skin and body, especially during sex. Mattresses that hold less body warmth will, in general, be more temperature-unbiased and, therefore, more comfortable for sex.
- Easy to Clean: Many models have covers that are not stain-resistant. This can create an issue during post-sex cleanup. And, unfortunately, many mattress warranties do not cover stains. Liquids can also leak through the comfort layer, which comprises the internal parts.
- Edge Support: Many of the models are made to have minimal sinkage at the edges because people usually tend to lay or sit there. Many features can enhance edge support, including putting foam encasements around the support core or low-gauge steel coils in innerspring mattresses and hybrid mattresses. Other models have very little support. Because of that, sexual activity can add to premature sinkage at the edges, especially when couples change their sexual positions.
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: No doubt, a client’s involvement with a mattress will rely on several factors in addition to sex. Overall satisfaction evaluations fluctuate by sleeping pad type.
Which Type of Mattress Is Good for Sex?
This is not exactly a question that can be answered, because it depends on the couple and what the couple needs and wants. There is no universal perfect mattress, and it’s up to the couple to see if a bed fits them or not. However, we can try and help. You can take a look at different types of mattresses that exist and the good and bad factors they have in relation to sex.
The innerspring models are typically made from polyfoam in the comfort layers and coils in the support core. The bottom part, which is also the primary structure of the bed is usually made of wool. The core, also the main part of the mattress has the springs and coils. Their number can differ, but the best support is with more springs and thicker coils. Unlike the memory foam, which gives a sinking feeling, innerspring models have a bouncy and springy feel to them. People often complain that memory foam is too hot to sleep on, but models with innerspring are considered as the most cooling beds because of the air between their coils.
- Mattresses with innersprings have responsiveness that is above-average, which allows its users to move and change positions easily.
- The surface is bouncier when it comes to most of the innerspring model, which can better for sex than most of the other mattresses.
- The innerspring models usually don’t conform closely to your body, but they do provide the proper traction that can heighten the sensation of sex during the climax.
- A lot of the innerspring beds have good edge support.
- Generally, innerspring beds are more temperature-neutral, because they can retain very little body heat.
- The innerspring mattresses are priced much lower than the other types.
- A lot of buyers have said that the innerspring beds give very little conforming and pressure relief, so comfort is sporadic with these models.
- Innerspring beds are considered noisy altogether when compared to other types. The reason behind that is the wires and springs, along with other metal parts that are located in the mattress.
- They are not very durable. Their durability ratings are below the average durability with their six-year lifespan.
- Most innerspring models have covers or comfort layers which are not removable when stained and ruined, which makes them a high risk for internal fluid damage.
The term foam mattress refers to models that have layers of memory foam and polyfoam, located in the comfort system of the bed. Usually, they also have a support core with polyfoam. Some foam models can have a different kind of foam, usually gel memory foam or copper-infused foam.
- Foam mattresses conform and contour to your body, in order to attack pressure points. This is a factor that usually makes these beds more comfortable during sex.
- They tend to produce almost no noise, which is great for discreet sex.
- They have good durability, with the average of seven to eight years, which is the average lifespan for all mattresses.
- The usual price for foam models is smaller than $1,000. This is a low price when comparing to other types on the market.
- Foam mattresses, and especially those that have high-density foams, have little responsiveness which is not good for sex.
- Most foam beds have almost no bounce, which is also not good for sex.
- They conform and contour to your body. But have very little traction when compared to hybrids or innersprings.
- One of the major complaints customers have is heat retention. A lot of customers have said that their beds retain high levels of body heat, which feels very uncomfortably warm during sex.
- They are not usually reinforced at the edges, and have almost no edge support.
- Most foam models have covers or comfort layers which are not removable when stained and ruined, which makes them a high risk for internal fluid damage.
Latex mattresses are one of the most popular mattress types. That is due to the fact that these beds are very comfortable and durable. Latex conforms to the body better than the other materials. Additionally, the latex bounces back easily and quickly. The biggest appeal of the latex models is that they are natural and very Eco-Friendly. Natural latex is a liquid that you get from rubber trees. The latex used in mattresses is baked and cooled in order to create a soft, solid substance. Because it is a natural material, you have almost no off-gassing. Models with latex have at least one layer of latex in the comfort system, and sometimes also layers with memory foam or polyfoam. The support core of the bed is usually made of either high-density latex or polyfoam. These layers make the latex bed very comfortable, and that is why they are very popular among buyers. They are also naturally cool, so there are no heating problems that some of the other types usually develop.
- Latex is made to easily conform to the body and relieve pressure, making sex on latex beds more comfortable.
- Latex beds are very silent, which is ideal for discreet sexual activity.
- They are one of the most durable mattresses that you can find on the market. The average latex model usually lasts longer than eight years.
- Latex beds are a little more responsive than the foam models are. However, they lack the quick response time that the innerspring, airbed and hybrid models have.
- These beds are typically not very bouncy, because the material is made to isolate motion.
- Most latex beds adjust to the body to a certain degree but have minimal traction.
- Latex retains less body warmth than foam, but the material is still too warm for some users.
- Because of their foam-based support cores, latex beds usually give almost no edge support.
- Many of the latex mattress covers and comfort layers are not removable, making it hard to clean them when stained.
- The average price is $2,000, which is considerably higher than the average price when compared to other types.
You have probably heard the term hybrid mattress, but don’t know what it means. Hybrid usually means a mixture of different things, which is also the case here. Hybrid mattresses combine the best features of memory foam and innerspring mattresses. It has at least two inches of memory foam and, but not necessarily, latex in the layer of the comfort system and a pocketed coil in the support core. The purpose of these hybrids is to take all the positive qualities that foam and coil models have, and put them together into one product, without many of the negative aspects they each possess. They have excellent body conforming and back support, and the perfect amount of bounciness. These beds are designed to be less bouncy than the innerspring beds so that sleepers aren’t disturbed by movement of others in the bed,.However, they are still bouncy enough for sex. This is for customers that don’t wish to give up the feel of a traditional spring bed, but also need the pressure relief that foam beds have. As for the limited options that some mattresses have, you won’t have that kind of a problem with the hybrid ones. Various companies offer hybrid beds in all sizes.
- Hybrid beds have good responsiveness, which creates a stable surface that is perfect for easy movement and position adjustment.
- Depending on the comfort system, hybrid beds tend to conform and adjust, in order to relieve pressure points, making it comfortable enough for sex.
- Hybrid models provide excellent conforming and traction that heightens the pleasurability of sex.
- Although they have a little creaking overtime, almost all of the hybrid beds are actually very silent and discreet during sex.
- Many of the hybrid beds have support cores wrapped in foam, which straightens the edge support of the bed.
- Many of the hybrid beds are not as bouncy as for example the innerspring models. Although microcoil layers that are located in the comfort system give the bed some extra bounce.
- Hybrids have a tendency to retain body heat, and the most often complain about these mattresses is about the warmth and discomfort during sex.
- The average lifespan of the hybrids is from six to seven years, a little less than the industry average.
- Numerous hybrid models have covers and comfort layers which are not removable, which is not good for situations when the mattresses get stained.
- Hybrid mattresses usually have prices that are slightly above the average prices.
Airbeds are developed with individualized air chambers in the support layer. Most of the airbeds have at least two air chambers, but some models can have 10 or even more. They are regularly furnished with controls that enable clients to manually or remotely adjust the support settings. Comfort system compositions vary, but most of the support layers have foam layers, and in rare cases, some models can have latex and microcoils. There are fewer airbed models to choose from are available, unlike the other types of mattresses. But, generally, people who have airbeds say they enjoy their sleep surface. The airbeds are especially good for sleepers who have shifting firmness preference and for those who often have aches and pains in their back, shoulders, neck, and other sensitive areas.
- Customer reports say that airbeds are generally responsive enough for sex.
- Many airbeds have covers that are removable and comfort layers, with fluids that can cause almost no damage to the air chambers.
- Airbeds have very small bounciness, especially with models that have materials in the comfort layer that isolate motion.
- Many of the airbeds tend to conform and alleviate some pressure, which according to owners is not so great.
- Some owners had complaints about high heat retention that made sex restlessly warm.
- When comparing airbeds to other mattresses, they have below-average durability and tend to usually break due to equipment malfunctions. Customers noted that they deteriorate very quick at the edges.
- They have the highest price among mattress types.
Sleep Trial and Warranty Considerations
Couples who are uncertain which mattress is best for them should try the option to test out as many models as possible. A lot of brands offer sleep trials for their products. They allow customers to test out the product for a particular time span (ordinarily from 30 to 90 days), and return it before pre-defined the trial period ends and exchange the product for either a partial or a full refund. However, it’s very important to know that most companies won’t acknowledge returns for products that have been stained, recolored, damaged or soiled.
Most mattress warranties range from 10 to 25 year. As part of most guarantees, companies will fix or replace any mattress with deformities like indentations, sagging, or protruding wires. However, the warranty won’t include damage that was caused directly by the buyer. The damage caused by the buyer includes tears, cuts, structural damage and stains, cuts.
Our client feedback demonstrates that hybrids are the best type of mattress for sex. Alongside hybrids are also innersprings, while latex, airbed and foam models are not as good for sex. But, of course, each couple should deep look at all of the performance elements listed and pick a mattress that best suits them.