Sleep is one of the most vital aspects when it comes to being healthy and feeling good. We spend a significant amount of our life in bed, sleeping or just resting. So depending on the quality of the bed we use, time spent out of our beds can be improved or deteriorated. Investing in an excellent mattress and bedding is always a smart choice. If you want sheets that are comfortable, durable and environment-friendly, then look no further than bamboo sheets. They are well known for their high quality and the ability to last around 20 years. There is a wide range of models that vary in price, look, and performance. We will inform you about everything you should know about these sheets and how to pick the ones that are best for you.
Benefits and Processing of the Bamboo Plant
There is a good reason bamboo has been so popular recently. Anything made from this material is exceptional in both aesthetic and performance aspects. Also, the effect that it has on the environment is what makes it one of the best options for production. First of all, this plant is easy to grow and doesn’t require significant investment. It can be planted in places where other plants wouldn’t be able to make it, and it needs less water than cotton to grow. Another great is that entire forests can regrow in just a few years.
Bamboo is a naturally antibacterial plant because it contains a substance called “bamboo kun.” It stops any bacteria from growing on it, making it very hygienic. Additionally, as most of the population isn’t allergic to this plant, it is an excellent alternative for any material that might cause allergies.
When it comes to bamboo sheets, they have several benefits. Bamboo absorbs moisture better than other materials. It is especially great for people that have problems with excessive sweating. One of the things that make buying this product a wise investment is its durability. If well taken care of, it can last over two decades.
The bamboo plant can be processed in two ways: chemically and mechanically. By processing it chemically, this plant is softened and crushed. Viscose, lyocell, and rayon bamboo is made like this. Mechanical processing is rare and lasts very long. Bamboo linen is made this way.
Important Factors to Consider
Apart from personal preferences, here are some factors you should consider.
- Weave. Weave can change the feel and aesthetic of a specific model, so you should pick one that best suits your needs. Three most common ones are twill, percale, and sateen. Twill is a weave that has an offset pattern that goes over and under making a diagonal rib. Bamboo sheets that are woven like this are stronger and more durable. Percale is a plain weave that makes lighter and soft materials. Sateen is woven together by placing three or four threads over and one under resulting in a thicker and silkier material.
- Thread count. Knowing the thread count of a bamboo sheet can be useful. Manufacturers count this number by adding the number of horizontal and vertical threads on one square inch. Thread count number can tell you what will the material be like. The lower number of threads indicates the sheet is softer and more breathable, and higher thread count means the product will be more comfortable and durable. When it comes to bamboo sheets, an ideal thread count is from 400 to 600. Keep an eye out for this information when making a purchase, as higher numbers can be a scam. Some sellers do this to increase their chances of selling the product.
- Colors and design. As bamboo sheets last up to 20 years, those with brighter colors might fade in the meantime. Also, you will probably have to change the rest of your bedding a couple of times while keeping the same sheet. Therefore, the best choice is to go for a neutral color, which won’t fade as easily and can be matched easily with the style of your bed.
- Maintenance. Maintaining this product can be demanding, but given all of its benefits, it’s worth the trouble. To prevent your sheet from losing its color, keep it away from peroxide creams or bleach. As materials made from bamboo are naturally soft, using a fabric softener or dryer is not needed. On the contrary, chemicals in these products could decrease their durability by damaging their fibers. Washing should be done every other week, using cold water. It is recommended to do this separately. Use a mild detergent, but make sure it is not powder but a liquid one. As using a dryer might shorten its lifespan, it’s best if you line dry it. In case it gets wrinkled, and you want to iron it, use the lowest setting possible.
- Warranty. Before buying, try to find out if a sleep trial or a warranty back this product. A sleep trial indicates the manufacturer is confident you will be satisfied with the product. If there is a warranty, you can get a replacement or return the product.
Reviews of Best Bamboo Sheets
Now that you have learned all the essential information that will help you buy the best bamboo sheet, here are our top picks. We have chosen five different sheets, each unique in their own way. Some have excellent quality for an affordable price; some are luxurious and come in a set with multiple sheets. Others are backed by long sleep trials etc. Without further ado:
Royal Hotel Silky Bamboo Sheet
Entirely made from bamboo viscose, this model has all you could ask for. And the best thing is, it is very affordable with the price of around $60. With its exceptional moisture-wicking ability, you won’t have to worry about being uncomfortable from sweating during the night. The material is supremely soft and plush, making you want to stay in your bed longer. With twelve different colors to choose from, it will adorn your bed just how you like it, further improving the style of your bedroom. Unfortunately, there is no sleep trial available. On the other hand, the Royal Hotel Silky Bamboo Sheet is backed by a 90-days warranty in case there are some manufacturing faults.
- Can fit a mattress up to 18 inches
- 300 thread count for optimal thickness and breathability
- Wide range of colors to choose from
- Backed by a warranty
Ettitude Lyocell Bamboo Sheet Set
Ettitude Lyocell Bamboo Sheet Set is made from organic lyocell bamboo material that is OEKO-TEX certified. This certification means that it is manufactured with great care and very low use of chemicals. It is also hypoallergenic, which is vital for allergy sufferers. Lyocell bamboo makes these sheets silky smooth and breathable for a cool and enjoyable sleep. Moreover, they are very elastic and will be firmly attached to your mattress. Although they are a bit more expensive than average sheets, they are worth it considering their high quality and performance. You can choose between ten beautiful colors and two striped patterns. Also, there is a 30-day risk-free trial period.
- Organic material
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Fits any mattress up to 17 inches thick
- Multiple colors and patterns available
Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Twill Sheets
If you want a luxurious sheet with an affordable price, then Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Twill Sheet is an excellent choice. It is made from 100% rayon bamboo fibers and has a twill weave. As a result, this elegant model is extremely soft and breathable, and it also wicks away moisture. If you like to be cool and comfortable during a warm summer night, look no further. It also has an intentionally disproportionate vertical weave that increases softness. Thanks to bamboo fibers, these sheets are naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial.
This model will fit any mattress between 11 and 14 inches thick. It is also available in eight different bed sizes, and you can choose from four beautiful neutral colors that will fit the style of any bedroom. Maintenance is easy and you can wash this sheet in a washing machine with cold or warm water. The seller has provided a 30-day trial period, and you can return it for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
- High-quality rayon bamboo fibers
- Great variety of sizes available
- Four luxurious neutral colors
Luxor Linens Bali Bamboo Sheet
Luxor Linens has produced a genuinely luxurious set of sheets that will improve your sleep and add elegance to your bedroom. These sheets are made from a combination of bamboo and microfiber, have 300TC, and they are eco-friendly and very breathable and soft. Another benefit of this product is low maintenance as this sheet is not prone to wrinkles, which means that you don’t have to iron it; you can just machine-wash it and dry it. Luxor Linens Bali Bamboo Sheet is elastic and extra deep and can fit a mattress up to 21 inches deep while staying firmly put. Additionally, it offers cooling benefits and wicks away moisture.
These elegant bamboo sheets come in 12 different colors, five sizes, and custom monogramming is also available. You can even have them wrapped as a gift if you want to surprise a loved one. In case you are not satisfied, you can return this product within the first 30 days and get a full refund.
- Excellent combination of bamboo and microfiber
- Fits mattresses of various sizes and thickness
- Fabric is infused with aloe vera for additional freshness
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.
Laura Garcia is a freelance writer based in Chicago. She holds degrees in writing from Drake University. When she’s not busy writing, Laura likes to spend as much as time as possible with her husband James and three-year-old son Elijah.